Natural Hair Series : Bentonite Clay Hair Mask

Hello Everyone. So I haven't done a Bentonite Clay Hair Mask for months now but I really felt like doing one today. I love the results of a Bentonite Clay and really don't know why it's took me so long to give my kinks a good dose. I didn't think of creating a blog post about this until after I had applied the mask but hope you get the idea. Enjoy!!!

Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Mix

5 Heaped Tablespoons of Bentonite Clay
1 Teaspoon of Honey
2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
Sufficient amount of water 


Usually I would use 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar instead of water, but I run out of my stash, lol. Mix all ingredients to form a pliable paste adjusting  as required.

NOTE
  •  Depending on hair length more or less of the ingredients will be required.
  • Use a plastic bowl/container and plastic spoon for your mixture as Bentonite Clay minerals reacts to  metals.

I normally start my application from the back and work my way to the front, as it makes it easier to manage my hair that way.

Make sure hair is saturated from root to ends
Cover with a shower cap and leave in for 30 mins.
DO NOT ALLOW THE MASK TO DRY FULLY ON YOUR HEAD

Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
My hair felt soft, and moisturised by the Honey and Olive Oil


A little Length check :-)
I hate shrinkage :-(
This is 2 years and 2 months worth of growing my natural hair with no transitioning. It is very tightly coiled so it looks like it's taking ages to grow, but I want it be healthy rather than concentrate on length at the moment.
After rinsing all the clay I saturated my hair with TRESemme' Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. I then let the conditioner work it's magic for about 5 mins. I went on to detangle my hair in sections  using a wide tooth comb and two strand twisted each section as I went on. I then stood under the shower  and let the water  ran over my hair without manipulating it any further. I wrapped my head with an old t-shirt to absorb the excess water. I don't use a towel as the fibres pull on the hair strands causing breakage.
I went on to  moisturise each two strand twist with my Shea butter and coconut oil mixture and styled my hair into Bantu Knots (Or Pepper Seeds as I used to called hem when I was younger)


I can't get over how squeaky clean my hair is with the added bonus of being soft  and shiny due to this amazing hair mask. If you try it out, please let me know how it worked for you.

Thanks For Dropping In :-)

Love Miss AfroDee xxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January's Shopping Bag '13

OOTN :Sheer Lippy

OOTD : It's A Black Out